On this page, you’ll find some tips, tricks, and loopholes that let you get the most from your Disneyland Annual Passport.
How To Finance A Disney Premier Passport
The Disney Premier Passport is the ultimate ticket to every Disney theme park in North America. The only catch is that you have to pay for the whole pass at once, over $1,400! Or do you?
Passholders can actually work around this limitation by upgrading an existing, financed AP to Disney Premier.
Let’s review the AP upgrade rules:
- You have to pay the full difference in price between the new and existing passport at the time of upgrade. For example, if you upgrade from Southern California to Disney Premier, the cost will be about $690.
- If you’re already financing your current passport, your monthly payments won’t change.
So here’s what you do:
- Buy or renew a Disneyland Annual Passport at any regular level (SoCal Select, SoCal, Deluxe, Signature, or Signature Plus). Make sure to set it up for monthly payments. If you’re not eligible to finance your AP, this strategy won’t work.
- Go down to the Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booths and pay the fee to upgrade to Disney Premier.
- Whatever monthly payments you previously set up will continue as before, therefore you’ll have just “financed” a chunk of your new Disney Premier Passport.
If you’re going to pursue this option, I recommend that you initially buy/renew at the Signature Plus level. That will allow you to “finance” the largest portion of the Premier pass, over 50% after Florida sales tax.
New Passholders Can Get Into Disneyland On A Blockout Day
When you first buy an Annual Passport, you get admission into both parks that day, regardless of whether or not your pass is blocked out. For example, if you purchase a new Southern California Select AP on a Saturday, you’ll still be allowed in that day.
This can work for holidays too!
While Disney maintains that the ‘free day’ only works for new Annual Passports, several Mouse Monthly readers have said they’ve been able to get a ‘free day’ every time they renew, when they do it in-person at the park. Let me know if this has worked for you!