General Disneyland Annual Passport (AP) Questions
- » Can I Buy A Disneyland Annual Passport For Just One Park (I.E. Disneyland Only)?
- No, there are no single park annual passes. Annual Passports are like Park Hopper tickets, where you get admission to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.
- » Do Annual Passports Include Parking?
- The Premium, Signature, Signature Plus, and Disney Premier Annual Passports include parking. As of February 2015, parking can no longer be added to any of the other passes. Holders of SoCal Select, SoCal, and Deluxe passports must now pay the daily rate for parking on each visit.
- However, if you already have the yearly parking option on your current AP, you will be able to keep it come renewal time, though at a slightly higher cost. See our Ultimate Guide To Disneyland Annual Passholder Parking for more information.
- » If My Disneyland Passport Is Blocked Out, Do My Yearly Parking Privileges Still Work?
- Yes, if you have the yearly parking option on a current Annual Passport, you can use it to park at the Disneyland Resort 365 days a year. For more information, visit our Ultimate Guide To Disneyland Annual Passholder Parking.
- » I Live In Southern California. Can I Buy One Of The SoCal Annual Passports For My Out-Of-Town Relative?
- » Can I Share My Annual Passport With Someone?
- No, only the person listed on a Disneyland AP can use it for parking, discounts, or entry into one of the theme parks. Disney Cast Members will compare your appearance to your picture on their monitors at the entry turnstiles, so don’t lend your AP to a friend and get it revoked!
- » Can I Buy Discounted Tickets For Friends Or Relatives?
- No, unfortunately Annual Passholders don’t get a discount when buying regular theme park tickets. If you would like to make a visit to Disneyland with someone who isn’t an AP, we suggest buying them at a substantial discount on ParkSavers.com.
- » Can I Make Monthly Payments On My Disneyland Annual Passport?
- Anyone residing within zip codes 90000-96199 can make monthly payments on the regular Disneyland Annual Passports (SoCal Select, SoCal, Deluxe, Premium, Signature, and Signature Plus).
- While Disney explicitly states that you can not finance the Premier AP, there is a trick to making payments for half of it. Check out our Upgrading or Downgrading Your Disneyland Annual Passport and Tips and Tricks pages.
- For more information on payments on your Disneyland AP, visit our Financing Your Disneyland Annual Passport page.
- » Can I Cancel The Monthly Payments On My Disneyland Annual Passport?
- If you make monthly payments on your Disneyland AP, you can pay off the balance owed on your pass at any time without penalty. This would effectively cancel your monthly payments.
- However, once you agree to buy an AP you can’t cancel it mid-year (that is- stop making payments on it). For more information on the ins-and-outs of monthly payments, visit our Can I Finance My Disneyland Annual Passport page.
- » How Can I See The Balance Left On My Disneyland AP?
- Check out our Disneyland Annual Passport Payment Schedules page for some simple, easy-to-use financing tables.
- » What Are Blockout Days?
- Blockout days are days when you are not able to enter either park at the Disneyland Resort with your Annual Passport. The number of days varies with each passport type. For more information on specific time periods your AP is blocked out, please visit the Ultimate Guide page for your passport.
- » Can I Buy Discounted Tickets On Days When My Annual Pass Is Blocked Out?
- No. At this time there are no Annual Passholder discounted regular or blockout day tickets available.
- » When Will Disney Make The Southern California Annual Passport Available For Purchase Again?
- At this time, the SoCal Annual Passport is only available for renewal by existing passholders. This means that any current AP can change to/from the SoCal passport come renewal time.
- However, there are no new SoCal passes for sale and there is no definite date of when they may become available again. Visit our Disneyland Southern California Annual Passport Ultimate Guide for more details.
- » Did Disney Cancel The Southern California Select Annual Passport (SoCal Select AP)?
- No, the SoCal Select AP is still available for both new purchases and renewal.
- However, new sales of the regular Southern California Annual Passport were cancelled as of May 2014. For thoughts on Disney’s motives behind this cancellation, read our article 5 Steps of Disney’s (Not So) Secret Strategy To Axe Passholders.
- » Did Disney Get Rid Of The Premium Annual Pass?
- Yes, on October 4, 2015, Disney announced the cancellation of the Premium AP. Those with current Premium passes will be able to exercise the privileges of their pass until it comes time for renewal, at which time they will have to switch to a different AP level.
- » What If I Forget To Bring My Annual Passport To The Park?
- According to Disney, all Passholders are allowed one courtesy admission per year. This one day Park Hopper ticket can be obtained at a Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth.
- Even though there is a limit, if you’re on a multiple day trip and forget your AP, in our experience Disney will give you a courtesy admission on each day of your trip. You simply need to ask for it each day as described above.
- » What If I Lose My Annual Passport Or It Is Stolen?
- You can get your Annual Passport replaced for a non-refundable fee of $20. You can report the loss at the Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth or by calling the Annual Passholder Hotline at (714) 781-4546. If you show a copy of your police report for a stolen pass the replacement fee may be waived.
- » Are The Age Limits On Annual Passports The Same As Regular Tickets (Kids 3-9)? When do I Need To Buy An AP For My Child?
- Children under the age of three do not need an Annual Passport since they do not need a ticket to enter the parks. Unfortunately, there is no age discount for AP’s like there is on regular tickets. Once your kids turn three, they need to have their own Annual Passport and it will cost the same as a regular AP.
- For more information, visit our Disneyland Annual Passports For Children page.
- » Can I Buy A Southern California AP For My Child?
- Possibly. If your family currently has SoCal Annual Passports, you’ll be allowed to buy a new SoCal AP for any of your kids turning three. For more information, visit our Disneyland Annual Passports For Children page.
- » Does Disney Sell A Half Or Partial-Year Annual Passport?
- No, all Disneyland AP’s cover the calendar full year. This can be a concern for families with children turning three (thus requiring their own pass) out of sync with the parent’s AP renewal time.
- We’ve written down a few thoughts on this subject on our Disneyland Annual Passports For Children page. Check it out for a more lengthy discussion of your options.
- » Do I Have To Pay Sales Tax On My Annual Passport?
- » Where Can I Buy An AP While At The Resort?
- Annual Passports are for sale at all Disneyland Resort Hotels and the Main Entry Plaza Ticket Booths.
- » What Is The Start Date On My New Annual Passport?
- Your Annual Passport is activated the first time you use it to enter the park. If you bought it online, bring your eTicket to the park, where will be converted into a regular AP card. Then, when you enter the park, your calendar year will begin from that date.
- » Can I Buy An Annual Passport As A Gift?
- Yes, AP’s can be purchased as gifts for family or friends. For more information, visit our Buying Disneyland Annual Passport As Gift page.
Disneyland Annual Passport (AP) Upgrades And Downgrades
For more information on all your passport upgrade/downgrade questions, please visit our AP Upgrades & Downgrades page.
- » If I Upgrade My Annual Passport, Will The Extra Cost Be Added To My Existing Monthly Payments?
- No, upon upgrading you have to pay the difference between your current passport price and the price of your new passport upon upgrading. Your existing monthly payments will not change.
- » If I Upgrade My Annual Passport Will My Renewal Date Be Extended?
- No, your renewal date will be the same as it was for your original pass, regardless of how much of the original year has passed.
- » Can I Cancel My Annual Passport?
- Kind of. While you can’t cancel your annual pass mid-year, you can choose to not renew your AP at the end of your subscription year.
- » When Can I Renew My Annual Passport?
- All AP’s can be renewed, either online or in-person, 40 days before their expiration date. Your Annual Passport will not renew itself. For more information on renewals, visit our Renewing Your Disneyland Annual Passport page.
- » Is There A Discount For Renewing My Disney Annual Passport Early?
- Sort of. While there is no specific discount for renewing your pass early, there is general discount simply for renewing at all.
- Also, acting at the beginning of your renewal window (40 days before they expire) does lock-in the price of your AP at that time. That way if the price of your pass goes up the next month, you’re already covered at the lower price.
- So don’t wait to renew or you may end up paying substantially more.
- » Can I Make A Down Payment When Renewing My Annual Passport?
- Yes, current passholders who finance their passes can choose to make an upfront payment on their AP’s when renewing. This would lower their overall monthly payments.
- » Can I Downgrade My Annual Passport?
- Yes, you can downgrade you pass, but only at your renewal period.
- » Can I Upgrade A Regular Ticket To An Annual Passport?
- Yes, you can convert a single or multi-day regular ticket to an AP. For more detailed information, visit our Upgrading A Disneyland Ticket To An Annual Passport page.
Annual Passholder (AP) Benefits
- » Do I Get Annual Passholder Discounts In Downtown Disney Shops And Restaurants?
- Yes, passholders receive 10% off at most restaurants for all passport types, except for the House of Blues® which offers a 15% discount at select locations. At the retail shops, AP’s will receive a 10% discount. However, Premium, Signature, Signature Plus, & Disney Premier passholders will get their 20% merchandise discount at all Disney-owned shops (i.e. World of Disney, Disney Vault 28) and House of Blues®.
- » Do I Get Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Discounts At Walt Disney World (WDW)?
- Sadly, no. Only Disney Premier Passholders, Disney Vacation Club (DVC) members and WDW Annual Passholders get these discounts at Disney World.
- » Do I get My Annual Passport Discount At Every Disneyland Food Venue? Churros? Turkey Legs?
- No, you do not get discounts at food carts (popcorn, churros, ice cream, etc.) or on alcoholic beverages.
Wondering which annual pass to buy and when? Visit the
Mouse Monthly Ultimate Guide to Disneyland Annual Passports
for all your AP answers.
Join Our Family
Sign up for our FREE newsletter today and we’ll also send you a coupon for
in our store!
We value your privacy and guarantee no spam. Your information will never be shared.